If you only have ultra pasteurized heavy cream on hand and have a hankering for clotted cream, I’m here to tell you it is possible! Don’t let all the blogs on the internet tell you otherwise.
Equipment: Instant Pot IP-Lux
Ingredients: 1 cup of ultra pasteurized heavy cream, 35% fat or higher
- Pour cream directly into IP pot
- Switch the tab to “sealing”
- Press the “keep warm” functionality, and let it cook overnight, at least 8 hours.
- After 8 hours, remove pot, cover, and place in fridge for 12 hours.
- Once 12 hours is up, scoop out the cream using a slatted spoon.
- Save leftover milk for scones!